Sunday, March 26, 2023

Bogle - "Old Vine" Zinfandel - 3/26

 Name: Bogle “Old Vine” Zinfandel 

Type/Grape: Zinfandel (Red)

Region: California

Vintage: 2020

Price: $16




Today we are trying one of my favorite wines - red Zinfandel. I’ve had a few Zinfandels that I’ve enjoyed, and a few wines from Bogle that I’ve enjoyed - so hopefully, the two together will be lovely too!


On Vinvio, the wine has 3.8/5 stars, with some glowing reviews. Reviews tend to note its full body, smoothness, deep red color, and a certain peppery flavor. Now I’ll try it, and compare it to what Wine Folly (pg 189) says


  1. Body - Moderately Full to Full - like the reviews, I definitely felt that it had a full body

  2. Sweetness - Low: Like the reviews, I thought it wasn’t very sweet

  3. Tannins - Moderately High: I definitely felt this - could feel that the tannins sort of parched my mouth. Reviews surprisingly didn’t mention this as much. 

  4. Acidity: Low - Yep

  5. Alcohol: Moderately High to High - Yes


Overall, I would give the wine a 4 / 5. I found it very enjoyable, and surprisingly complex. Would recommend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Chateau Davril Bordeaux (4/16)

  Name: Chateau Davril Bordeaux  Grape: Merlot (40%), Cabernet Sauvignon (40%), Cabernet Franc (20%) Region: Bordeaux  Country: France  Vint...